[Bucardo-general] Bucardo no longer automatically syncing after upgrading source DB.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 13 11:54:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 03:54:45AM -0700, Adam Wendt wrote:
> Why might it not be automatically syncing and what can I do to fix
> this? For now I'm just running a bash script to kick all the syncs
> every 30 seconds, but do want to get this fixed.

Sounds like the "triggerkick" triggers are no longer there. Check one
of the tables with a \d tablename and see if there is a trigger with
a name containing triggerkick. If not there, make sure the sync
has "ping" set to true. (bucardo list sync foobar -vv). If it's off,
flip it on with 'bucardo update sync foobar ping=true', then run
'bucardo validate foobar' and see if the trigger gets created.

If the triggerkick trigger was already there, then obviously something
else is funny: send me that output of \d tablename and \df+ thattrigger
if you can.

> For now I'm just running a bash script to kick all the syncs
> every 30 seconds

FWIW, you can have Bucardo itself do this by having each sync fire
after a certain time period with:

bucardo update sync foobar checktime=30

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com