[Bucardo-general] Is Bucardo working when postgres version between master and slave is different?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Oct 26 19:33:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 02:03:23PM -0700, Guizhen wang wrote:
> What we want to do is to setup a postgres 9 slave to be replicated
> by using Bucardo 5 and the current 8.1.3 database as master.
> Should we use postgres 9 for the Bucardo database or 8.1.3?

You need to use 9 (or at least something newer than 8.1)

> Any suggestions to use Bucardo? Is there any issue to replicate
> from version 8.1.3 database to version 9 by using Bucardo 5?

Honestly, I am not sure, as I've not tested going back to 8.1.
I think one thing that may trip it up is the COPY (SELECT ...)
TO STDOUT bit, which is not supported in 8.1 and is used by B5.
It may be possible to work around that, however, with some minor
code changes.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com