[Bucardo-general] Is Bucardo working when postgres version between master and slave is different?

Guizhen wang gzqiu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 21:03:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

We are trying to setup Bucardo replication system for our postgres databases.
Our current databases are postgres 8.1.3 and may have issues to directly migrate into version 9. What we want to do is to setup a postgres 9 slave to be replicated by using Bucardo 5 and the current 8.1.3 database as master.
Should we use postgres 9 for the Bucardo database or 8.1.3?
Any suggestions to use Bucardo? Is there any issue to replicate from version 8.1.3 database to version 9 by using Bucardo 5?

Thanks,
Guizhen