[Bucardo-general] Moving a goat between herds

Rosser Schwarz rosser.schwarz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:59:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof at thebuild.com> wrote:
> OK, I would have thought this was obvious, but... how can one move a goat (a table, in particular) from one herd to another, so that the syncs for that herd pick it up?

You'll want to UPDATE the herdmap table in the bucardo database,
setting the herd for the goat in question to its new value, and then
re-run validate_all_syncs. (Or simply run validate_sync($sync) for the
old and new syncs, rather than re-validating all of them.)

I don't think bouncing Bucardo should be necessary, but you may want
to do that, too, just in case.

rls

--
:wq