[Bucardo-general] bucardo tables causing REINDEX fail

Rosser Schwarz rosser.schwarz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:49:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Jonathan Brinkman <JB at blackskytech.com> wrote:
> So I guess B5 is an important upgrade for us.

In the interim, since you're using Bucardo, presumably you have
multiple database hosts.  If they're in a multi-master (i.e., both
writeable) configuration, and have full (or full enough) replicas of
your data, you could direct all traffic to one, REINDEX the other,
reverse them, REINDEX the first, and then allow traffic to both again.
 I've no idea whether that's at all viable given your environment, but
we use a similar technique to manage schema migrations, hardware
maintenance, and the like.

Regardless, for that and many other reasons, B5 is definitely a big improvement.

rls

--
:wq