[Bucardo-general] can not start new sync while bucardo is running?

Yan Chunlu springrider at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 04:38:05 UTC 2012

I am using version 4.5.0, and have made a sync up and running.  and I am
planning to add a new slave sync,  the list syncs shows as below:

bucardo_ctl - list syncs
Sync: madisonsync  (pushdelta)  maintables =>  madisondiggcontent   (Active)
Sync: mainsync     (pushdelta)  maintables =>  vanburendiggcontent  (Active)

"mainsync" is up and running correctly, while madisonsync does not.

I tried bucardo_ctl kick madisonsync and it returns immediately but nothing
happen.
 "kick madisonsync 0" will never return.

I have also tried "bucardo_ctl  reload madisonsync" it also does not
return, just hanging there.

"bucardo_ctl  activate madisonsync" will return immediately but nothing
happen.

during those operations nothing related with madisonsync in log.bucardo.

do I have to bucardo stop and bucardo start to make the new sync running?

below is the status of bucardo:

Days back: 3  User: bucardo  Database: bucardo  Port: 5432  PID of Bucardo
MCP: 1402
Name        Type  State    PID  Last_good Time  I/U/D     Last_bad Time
madisonsync| P   |idle    |    |unknown  |     |         |unknown |
mainsync   | P   |WAIT:20s|1407|20s      |31s  |255/0/192|unknown |

thanks for the help!