[Bucardo-general] Burcardo.pm 4.4.8 crashed on small systems - patch attached

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Dec 24 05:29:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 01:37:48PM -0800, Rosser Schwarz wrote:
> I can't speak to your proposed algorithmic changes, but I do think chunk
> size should maybe be configurable, to help deal with low-memory
> environments like the OP's, and to allow DBAs to set larger chunk sizes,
> when they've also set max_stack_depth and the relevant ulimits accordingly.

I am pretty sure that has already been implemented. The patch references
a hard-coded 100,000 - which has already been removed in the 4.x branch
and replaced with configuration items max_delete_clause and
max_select_clause. Pretty sure the former will handle the OPs case.

That NULL problem and solution looks patch worthy though. Wonder if it
applies for b5 as well? Anyone want to write a simple test case and/or
expand t/20-postgres.t?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com