[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 install issue

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sat Mar 10 01:08:16 UTC 2012

> 4. bucardo add table weird.table1 weird.table2 weird.table3
>    weird.table4 herd=critical
>     1. Note, after this step the tables are shown in goat, but only
>        with db localbox. There is no mention of internetbox.

This is normal: tables have to be associated with a database somewhere,
but only with one database. The corresponding tables on all other
replicated databases are checked on startup. Which database the tables
are associated with does not really matter.

>     1. The only "suspicious" thing is that I get messages saying
>        Inspecting source table "weird.table1" on database "localbox"
>        but I never see the same message for "internetbox"

It should be inspecting both sides, but those messages may be at a lower
debug level than you are using. As a general principle, when things
go wrong, lower the debug level to verbose and then to debug, for a
clearer (and verbose) picture of what is happening:

$ bucardo set log_level=verbose

>     2. After inspections, I get Activating sync "critical" in fact, all
>        looks fantastic... except for the fact that no replication is
>        occurring.
>     3. I look in the bucardo.delta_weird_table1 table after an update
>        to table1, and there are appropriate rows there. It just seems
>        that nothing happens after that.

Well, the sync should fire off once Bucardo starts up, *unless* the sync
is set to ping=false. Try a manual kick to see if anything happens:

$ bucardo kick sync mysync 0

That plus a debug log_level should get us a little further into
the problem.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com