[Bucardo-general] b4: what's the context of the 2-way multi-master limitation?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Mar 22 20:13:17 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 01:28 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Both sides.

OK, so I just went to update the tables, and I've got (Schema 4.4.8):

  CREATE TABLE bucardo.goat (
    makedelta          BOOLEAN         NULL,

But the Wiki schema/makedelta page shows target_makedelta and source_makedelta.

Reading the source, it looks like updating source/target is handled automatically in the current code/schema, right?

I think that means, e.g.:

  UPDATE Goat SET makedelta=TRUE WHERE ( db='ecommerce_left' AND tablename='customer' );

should work correctly.  I couldn't quite figure out the commandline syntax for 'update', though - is there a way to disambiguate the same table name in different databases? (no help or manpage text for 'update' yet)

I'll be happy to update the Wiki for 4.4.8 if this is right.

Thanks,
-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle