[Bucardo-general] Connection Pooling

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Tue Oct 16 16:56:42 UTC 2012

On Oct 3, 2012, at 8:34 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com> wrote:

>> I’ll go ask the pgBouncer folks. Not that it matters if
>> session pooling is kind of pointless.
>
> Well we are still aiming for txn-level, right?

Yes. I think it would be beneficial for the project to confirm whether or not this is supported. We are going live without connection pooling for now, but I would not be surprised if we decide in a few months that we need it.

> Which reminds me: if you are using pgbouncer, make sure you set
> all databases involved to server_side_prepare=false inside
> the bucardo.db table.

Yeah, that makes sense. Er, that's supported by `add db`, right? I need to write a patch to fix some documentation issues…