[Bucardo-general] Commits I'm Not Sure About

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Fri Oct 26 22:33:30 UTC 2012

Bucardoans,

Some commits I've made to fix issues or document parameters that I'm not sure about:

* https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/cfaa7be77c473f518edae74d4bb21b6d45268b3a

  This commit fixes an issue where the kid exception handler was fetching all of the DBI handles and calling rollback on them. It would sometimes get an `undef` back. So I added code to ignore undefs. But I fear this is the wrong solution: *why* would the some of the database handles become undefined?

* https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/b45ab763621e1db4a2db948ea18e5b2424e1eca8

I ripped out customselect here. It's gone. I am assuming that cutomname still works since t/02-bctl-customname.t still exists. I just want to make sure of that.

* https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/c25e1548015b8c7bc3be7c14ad46eab1a3291c37

After a serialization failure, the kid properly goes to sleep and, when it wakes up, repeats itself. However, it will do nothing when it runs again unless it gets a new message telling it to sync. So this commit modifies the mcp so that, when its told a child goes sleep, it sends a kick back to the child. This allows the child to do its work after it sleeps. But maybe it would be better done if the child set a flag for itself instead of relying on a message from the MCP?

* https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/c84448542b1c679d0587496bf1d4d7fc40d4a8a7

Is `getrows` really a no-op?

* https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/f542bbe1abdbe25e3700d34df814749b08c51785

I really do not understand the difference between overdue and expired, since neither seems to have an affect on whether or why a sync is kicked. Are they really this similar? And useful for nothing other than a report?

Thanks,