[Bucardo-general] Newbie Questions

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 26 02:59:35 UTC 2012

> That’s better than nothing. I assume that the reload either finishes
> those syncs before restarting or fires them up again after restarting, yes?

It kills them all, then restarts them. Hmmmm...technically, I think it only
restarts and kicks those that normally get kicked on startup, but not
any that happen to have been running when the reload comes in. That's probably
a minor bug.

>> You can use Bucardo's preferred terms "source" and "target". We just keep
>> master and slave around for backwards compatibility. :)
>
> “Multi-source replication.” Not sure about that term. Maybe…

Suggestions welcome. :) I've found source and target to be the shortest
and most intuitive so far.

> 8.1 seems more than reasonable, frankly.

You'd be surprised at how often we get asked about old versions. So I'd
like to have it documented in stone somewhere. I am curious as to just how
far back we can go with targets only.

> Please let me know when you've added some context to these items. I can
> try to take a look at some of them this week and next.

Okay. Some should be obvious from the mailing list threads.

> Anything would be good; do you prefer it be somewhere else?
> The TODO list is useful, but lacks necessary context, IMO.
>
> Oh, you have a Bugzilla, I see.
>
>    http://bucardo.org/bugzilla/
>
> Should we just use that?

I'm truly ambivalent. If you think github or something else would be
better for milestones, have at it. Also (and this goes for anyone),
let me know if you need a wiki or bugzilla account with privs.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com