[Bucardo-general] Syncs are aborted if one of the involved DBs is offline

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Apr 8 15:27:37 UTC 2013

> sync is performed.  All my remote nodes are slave only so it's not too
> much of an issue that way for me, however I do have a cluster of 4
> masters (2 east coast, 2 west cost) that should a master fail it should
> be placed in read-only on startup whilst the DB is synced with
> outstanding changes.  Greg, would this be possible to look at?

Well, the case with one or more "targets" being down in a simple
single-source-many-targets is fixable, and I will do that once I get
some tuits. The multi-source case is a lot trickier. It wouldn't need
to necessarily be put into any mode on startup, it could simply run
when ready. The problem is how to handle conflicts, and how to deal
with the fact that the "dead" source db is going to have some
stored up delta rows that may be quite outdated when compared to the
other databases. I will think this over some more. Feel free to let
me know what the ideal behavior would be for your particular situation(s),
so I can keep that in mind.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com