[Bucardo-general] Waiting for KIDs

Mitchell Perilstein Mitchell.Perilstein at trueposition.com
Mon Apr 8 15:56:59 UTC 2013

I might have fixed that in a pull request.  Kills were not always being
done on kids immediately.   It's a one-line change.

https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/pull/43

On 04/08/2013 11:52 AM, Błażej Cegiełka wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I was testing scenario in which to already existed sync&relgroup i
> want to add another table - empty one,
> and then insert data.
>
> commands looks like:
> {code}
> # add new table to relgroup which is used by sync
> bucardo add table new_table relgroup=tables_group
>
> # bounce of bucardo required to reload config
> bucardo stop
> bucardo start
>
> # insert data
> insert_data_funky_script.sh
> {code}
>
> And as stop/start are not waiting for kids, immediate start after
> stop, can results with failure and daemon will not start.
> Also immediate data insertions when KID (for the sync) is not yet
> prepared, can results with no data population (no entries in
> bucardo.track_* tables)
>
> Q1: What do you think if start/stop will wait for subprocesses?
>
> Q2: In current solution i need to wait for sync end to do some next
> inserts on other servers.
> How i can be sure about that? (other way than checking delta&track
> tables)
> So far i know that stopping daemon will not guarantee that all deltas
> will be populated.
> But it looks that
> {code}
> bucardo status all
> {code}
>
> gives that information in 'Current state fields', is that correct?
>
> Regards
>
> Błażej

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.