[Bucardo-general] Can bucardo do this?

eric machine eric.machine at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 00:02:01 UTC 2013

Thanks Josh, that helps.

I assume the v5 is this one right?
https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo

Hopefully it is stable for production use, what do you think?

Can bucardo sync 100 - 200 tables?

Last question,

let's say I have this table

HQ_HR
----------
ID | uid | Name
1  | john | susan
2  | john | michelle

then in branch

BR_HR
----------
ID | uid | Name
1  | Josh | Ally
2  | Josh | Rebecca

If I sync one way from BR_HR to HQ_HR, will the expected results like below?

HQ_HR
----------
ID | uid | Name
1  | john | susan
2  | john | michelle
1  | Josh | Ally
2  | Josh | Rebecca

Note: ID is an auto increment number

Wouldn't the above cause conflicts? Or will it be replicated as below?

HQ_HR
----------
ID | uid | Name
1  | john | susan
2  | john | michelle
3  | Josh | Ally
4  | Josh | Rebecca

Unless this table supports 2 primary keys, then below is possible right?

HQ_HR
ID | uid | Name
1  | john | susan
2  | john | michelle