[Bucardo-general] Can bucardo do this?

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Thu Aug 22 15:24:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 04:28:52AM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 08/22/2013 04:27 AM, eric machine wrote:
>
> >Is there any way which I can achieve with bucardo?
> >
> >I am using an existing open source system. Thus changing their design is
> >really a bad idea, after all there are total of 60 out of 400 tables
> >which have no primary keys.
>
> Unfortunately, this is not an option.  Bucardo refers to changed
> rows by their primary key, and since it stores change metadata in
> the database itself, it's not flexible about the database constructs
> used to refer to the changed rows.
>
> You just need to fix the bad design, I'm afraid.

While I agree you should fix the bad design, you might be able to use a
fullcopy sync to copy the way you want. That will re-copy the entire contents
of the table each time something changes. This is only reasonable, of course,
for relatively small tables.

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com