[Bucardo-general] Can bucardo do this?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 22 08:28:52 UTC 2013

On 08/22/2013 04:27 AM, eric machine wrote:

> Is there any way which I can achieve with bucardo?
>
> I am using an existing open source system. Thus changing their design is
> really a bad idea, after all there are total of 60 out of 400 tables
> which have no primary keys.

Unfortunately, this is not an option.  Bucardo refers to changed rows by
their primary key, and since it stores change metadata in the database
itself, it's not flexible about the database constructs used to refer to
the changed rows.

You just need to fix the bad design, I'm afraid.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC