[Bucardo-general] BUG?

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Mon Dec 2 09:02:30 UTC 2013

Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 05:23:55AM +0100, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
>>

>>> I''ll test it shortly... however just a point.. shouldn't it be:
>>>

>>> Sync ABCD A <=> B <=> C <=> D (e.g. A:source,B:source,C:source,D:source)
>>> Sync AE   A -> E (e.g. A:source,E:target)
>>>

>> Sorry, typo. The first sync is ABC, not ABCD.
>>

> Yeah works, but it doesn't...  It works fine if you are writing to A,
> however:
>

> Setup using A as the table to read for setup..
> Sync ABCD A <=> B <=> C <=> D (e.g. A:source,B:source,C:source,D:source)
> Sync BE   B -> E (e.g. B:source,E:target)
>
> Doesn't work.
>
> This might be (I really haven't analysed the code so this is a guess) because in the goat table you have goat: A_tbl1, A_tbl2 etc..
>
> Michelle

Confirmed the behavior.

I setup using adding all the tables from A
then:

Sync ABCD A <=> B <=> C <=> D (e.g. A:source,B:source,C:source,D:source)
Setup: Sync BE   B -> E (e.g. B:source,E:target)

Ran for a couple of hours, no updates at all (all my writes to the DB is DB A)

Then in the DB switched the source table from B->A for Sync BE

Issued bucardo reload sync BE and after the reload the delta changes were made catching up all the ones from the start of the setup.

The problem is setting up Sync BE works for any changes written to B, but not A, C or D, when it's changed to source of A it picks up all the make_delta changes and syncs those.  If you were writing to all the DBs in ABCD then you'd have to alter the BE sync sequentially to each DB (thereby defeating the purpose.)

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/