[Bucardo-general] b5: delta_ rows not being deleted

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 12 19:10:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 12:08:32AM -0500, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> b5 is running vac as expected, just nothing's being cleaned up.  I
> didn't see in the .pm where the delta_ delete is supposed to run.
> Maybe somebody can clue me in on where that happens.
>
> If it's not yet implemented, a query to delete 5 minute old deltas
> with no txntime match in stage_ ought to be OK, right?

No, that would delete rows not yet replicated. The vac process removes
delta rows that *do* have a matching txntime, where the number of
matches equals the number of syncs replicating that table.

The relevant code in the latest HEAD is at line 6749:

$SQL = q{SELECT bucardo.bucardo_purge_delta('45 seconds')};

The actual function is in bucardo.schema: that's what does the actual
work in deleting old rows.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com