[Bucardo-general] [Bucardo-commits] master/8152381 State can also be "Unknown".

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Fri Jul 26 11:56:08 UTC 2013

On Jul 26, 2013, at 2:38 AM, Paul Theodoropoulos <paul at anastrophe.com> wrote:

> I'm still in testing mode on a hoped-for master-master configuration. Before upgrading via git just now (previous git dated July 10), when I'd run a one time copy, 'bucardo status' once all the syncs were finished, they'd stay in state 'good' - but now when the sync ends, they show 'good' for a few seconds, then switch to 'empty'.
>
> I presume this is okay, right? Or have I screwed up my massive deployment script somehow?

Yeah, when you restart, Bucardo kicks all the syncs. If none of them had any deltas waiting, they will be empty sync runs. This is normal.

As of a43555e, however (which I wrote yesterday, but just realized I never pushed! Pushed now), Those "Empty" runs will now be shown as "Good". You can still tell that they’re empty because the I/D column value will be 0/0.

  https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/a43555e

Note that `bucardo status $syncname` already did this.

Best,