[Bucardo-general] [Bucardo-commits] master/8152381 State can also be "Unknown".

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Fri Jul 26 17:14:42 UTC 2013

On 7/26/13 4:56 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2013, at 2:38 AM, Paul Theodoropoulos <paul at anastrophe.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm still in testing mode on a hoped-for master-master configuration. Before upgrading via git just now (previous git dated July 10), when I'd run a one time copy, 'bucardo status' once all the syncs were finished, they'd stay in state 'good' - but now when the sync ends, they show 'good' for a few seconds, then switch to 'empty'.
>>
>> I presume this is okay, right? Or have I screwed up my massive deployment script somehow?
> Yeah, when you restart, Bucardo kicks all the syncs. If none of them had any deltas waiting, they will be empty sync runs. This is normal.
>
> As of a43555e, however (which I wrote yesterday, but just realized I never pushed! Pushed now), Those "Empty" runs will now be shown as "Good". You can still tell that they’re empty because the I/D column value will be 0/0.
>
>    https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/commit/a43555e
>
> Note that `bucardo status $syncname` already did this.
>
> Best,
>
> David

cool beans, thanks David. I kind of figured that was the case, but
wanted to be sure. I've written a fairly massive script for deployment
to catch every edge case that "would be bad" before actually doing
anything bad, so understanding the output is very important!

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com