[Bucardo-general] Monitoring Stats / bucardo_rrd

Mike Tonks michael.tonks at headforwards.com
Fri May 17 09:22:10 UTC 2013

Thanks for the reply.  I will dig further.

I wonder if some of this logic should live in bucardo core, i.e. show
extra stats with 'bucardo status' or 'bucardo status --verbose' or
something.

That way a cactus / nagios / munin plugin etc could jut call bucardo
status and parse the results.

Also, when looking into pulling rolling throughput calues from
bucardo.synrun I see what I think is an bug:

Insert a row (3 nodes), inserts: 3 (OK)

Delete a row (3 nodes), deletes: 3, inserts: 3 (NOT OK?)

Why is it reporting inserts for a delete action?

I have created a test script for this:

https://github.com/miketonks/bucardo/blob/master/t/31-sync-stats.t

which currently fails as it expects inserts to be 0 in above scenario.

Can anyone confirm my findings / put me straight here?

Cheers,

Mike