[Bucardo-general] Monitoring Stats / bucardo_rrd

Mike Tonks michael.tonks at headforwards.com
Fri May 17 14:51:49 UTC 2013

On 17/05/13 10:22, Mike Tonks wrote:
> I wonder if some of this logic should live in bucardo core, i.e. show
> extra stats with 'bucardo status' or 'bucardo status --verbose' or
> something.
>
> That way a cactus / nagios / munin plugin etc could jut call bucardo
> status and parse the results.

I dug a bit further and had reasonable success adding two new stats into
status_detail:

- Data Rate (insert/delete/truncate/conflict) per second

- Replication Lag

I pushed the code here:
https://github.com/miketonks/bucardo/commits/status-extras

I'm not certain the lag time is measured correctly.  If bucardo is
stopped then the most recent delta should give a good metric, but if
bucardo is running I'm not sure how to do this.

Also the lag time requires a connection to each node, which could be
slow if any connection times out.  Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Tonks