[Bucardo-general] [bucardo] Status extras (#46)

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed May 29 15:16:46 UTC 2013

(Bringing in bucardo-general)

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 05:27:54AM -0700, miketonks wrote:
> Added two new metrics to status_detail - data rate and replication lag.
>
> Data Rate is the number of insert / delete / truncate and conflict operations, from syncstats, in the last 5 minutes (as operations per second)
>
> Replication Lag is calculated in two ways:
> - the age of the oldest outstanding delta, if there are any outstanding deltas in any of the source databases
> - the total_time of the last good syncrun, if there are no outstanding deltas.
>
> e.g.
> ./bucardo status testsync
> Last good                : May 21, 2013 11:44:43 (time to run: 1s)
> Rows deleted/inserted    : 0 / 6
> Sync name                : testsync
> Current state            : Good
> Data rate (per second)   : insert: 0.10, delete: 0, truncate: 0, conflict: 0
> Lag seconds/deltas       : 0.45 / 0

This is going to be wildy inaccurate if you happen to hit it right after the
bucardo_purge_delta function runs. While we control how often the VAC daemon
runs (via "vac_run"), the purge function is hard-coded at 45 seconds. Should
we make the interval configurable as well? Or just make it larger to accomodate
things like this new status lookup? Other ideas?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com