[Bucardo-general] syncrun table growing unbounded?

Mitchell Perilstein Mitchell.Perilstein at trueposition.com
Mon May 20 13:06:37 UTC 2013

Got it, thanks.

About the wiki, I had one suggestion, reading it for the first time.
The wiki mostly reflects the 4.x state of affairs yet the 5.x one
differs greatly in terms of command names, args, schema, etc. It might
be nice if forked by version, like the mysql and postres or perldoc
ones.  The dumb way would be to just copy all the page titles to a 5x
and 4x version and then edit, eg:

  * http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo
  * http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo/4x/pgbench_example
  * http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo/5x/pgbench_example

Mediawiki has namespaces
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Using_custom_namespaces which
might be a better method.
I would be happy to help implement this.

On 05/17/13 23:56, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 09:26:23AM -0400, Mitchell Perilstein wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> We're using 4.99.7 with PG 9.1.5 and seeing the syncrun table
>> growing without bound with old (ie, ended) records, eg:
>> My workaround might be to add a periodic cleanup job, ie, 'delete
>> from syncrun where ended is not null' every 10 min or so but I'd
>> rather fix the root cause instead.
>> Anybody seen this?
> The syncrun table is meant to provide both instant and historical
> information. In theory, the size should not affect things due to
> the partial indexes. But this is probably at the least a gaping
> documentation hole. :) One should prune old entries over a time
> period you are comfortable with. The "ended" query you gave is
> good for that, although I would say something like:
>
> delete from syncrun where ended is not null
>    and ended < now() - '2 days'::interval
>
> Or you could move the rows to another table first for any long-term
> forensics.
>
> Ideas on how to do that with Bucardo itself are welcome.
>
> Doc patches / wiki updates extremely welcome.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.