[Bucardo-general] bucardo fails to replicate when the column name contains german umlauts

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 11 15:48:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 05:17:48PM +0200, Christian Ritter wrote:
> Are there any news about that issue?
>
> If there's anything i can do, just drop me a message.

It's a very tricky situation. We can't easily modify the column names
after they come back into Bucardo.pm, because things start mismatching
internally. There is probably a workaround, but I've not the time to
dig into it at the moment. What you can do is try the git version
of DBD::Pg, which make fix the problem.

Anyone that wants to try and fix Bucardo.pm, be my guest: basically,
we need to get the fetchall to match what comes back from our
querying of pgattribute. See this line for example:

@srcrow = @{$info1->{$pkval}}{@{$g->{cols}}};

Use Data::Peek and check out the cols in various places.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com