[Bucardo-general] bucardo5 restart problem

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sat Aug 2 02:11:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 04:16:53PM -0400, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:
> When I restart bucardo, it gives error. "Cannot start, PID file
> "/var/run/bucardo/bucardo.mcp.pid" exists"

Newish versions of Bucardo will try to remove the file automatically
if it detects that the PID in question is stale. If you don't see
such a message (it will literally say "stale PID"), it means your version
is too old, or that the PID still exists. If it does exist, it may be
that the older Bucardo could not exit properly, or that something in
the stop-sleep-start part of the restart() function needs tweaking.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com