[Bucardo-general] Failed validation

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Aug 24 15:14:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 02:37:53AM +0100, Michelle Sullivan wrote:

Following up on this old thread...

> +                       ($scol->{ftype} =~ /^character varying\((\d+)\)/
> and $fcol->{ftype} =~ /^character varying\((\d+)\)/ and $1 > $2)

Seems a little off, but it shouldn't hurt as long as we are checking
sources and targets. We need to make sure the second one is not a
source, or it could break things.

> ..The bug (two fold) was that the validate returned 'OK' when it clearly
> isn't... not to mention that a reload returns 'Not Active' in the log
> and just hangs on the command line...
> ..and, one would think that extra cols (when 'strict_checking' is false)
> would not fail the sync...  The log shows 'Warning' which would suggest
> the same... Perhaps 'Error' would be more appropriate...?

I don't have the tuits for this right now, but it would be great if
someone could make this into an official github issue.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com