[Bucardo-general] Email notification not working

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Dec 14 18:23:49 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 09:34:30PM +0400, Michael Wagner wrote:
> The SMPT server (mail.gmx.net <http://mail.gmx.net/>) I am using requires
> authentication via username and password. Where can I provide these two
> parameters? And where can I provide the port number if the SMTP server
> is not listening on the standard port?

Those are not user configurable at the moment, but I will make sure
that makes it into the next release. Bucardo uses Net::SMTP, so
we should be able to use its auth() method for the authemtication
bit, and add a new parameter to allow for non-standard ports. Off
the top of my head, those will probably be:

default_email_port (defaults to 25)
email_auth_user (defaults to empty string, e.g. not used)
email_auth_pass

I'll try to send you a patch once I've written this.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com