[Bucardo-general] Email notification not working

Michael Wagner wagm at gmx.de
Sun Dec 14 17:34:30 UTC 2014

Dear Bucardo-Team,

I am running Bucardo 5.2.0 and I am trying to get notifications via email by setting the following parameters:

default_email_from        = test1_mw at gmx.de
default_email_host        = mail.gmx.net
default_email_to          =test2_mw at gmx.de
email_debug_file          = email.log

I reloaded the config and also restarted the Bucardo service. However, I am not receiving any email. Unfortunately the email setup is scarcely documented only in Bucardo so I don’t know what exactly am I missing.
The SMPT server (mail.gmx.net <http://mail.gmx.net/>) I am using requires authentication via username and password. Where can I provide these two parameters? And where can I provide the port number if the SMTP server is not listening on the standard port?

Many thanks for your help,

Michael