[Bucardo-general] Suggestion - help issue

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Dec 14 18:45:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 05:03:04PM +0000, bruno quintana wrote:
> I have been trying the new Bucardo version (5.2) and it is great, however I
> was expecting this issue would be resolved, but it wasn't :(
[ issue of one database own bringing down everything else]
> this issue could eventually be fixed by doing something like "bucardo start
> --ignore-databases-down=yes" and the only thing this flag will do is if the
> connection throws an error, ignore that server and save somewhere that this
> server was down and every I don't know maybe 5 customisable minutes, try if
> that server comes up and if it does then replicate the queue that was
> created while that server was down.

We are actively working on solving this problem. Currently, a downed database
*should* be deteted by Bucardo, and the sync deactivated, without stopping
any other syncs (unless they are also using that database). Work is underway
to allow syncs to continue even if a database within it is down, but
that's a trickier problem.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com