[Bucardo-general] Question on Bucardo

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Dec 14 18:43:15 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 01:55:27PM +0700, Voathnak Lim wrote:
> could you tell me what is the different btw installing by apt-get install
> and make install?

apt-get will install the complete software: it is basically the same as
downloading the tarball, running perl Makefile.PL, and then running
make install.

> I have noticed that apt-get install is not the latest version of bucardo.

Yes: I would recommend simply using the tarball from bucardo.org. Bucardo
has very few moving parts, so this is generally an easy and quick option.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com