[Bucardo-general] feature request

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Feb 19 19:40:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:53:04PM -0800, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> It would be nice if there were a command to clear/reset the 'last
> error' field.
>
>     bucardo clear lasterror
>     bucardo reset lasterror
>
> Something like that. Since an error is always shown as the last line
> of bucardo status syncname (if there has previously been an error),
> it's the first thing my eye grabs, and I have to remind myself to
> look further up to confirm that the actual current sync state is
> 'good'.

I agree it would be nice to not have it as the last item, but it
was put there because it is often a long, multi-line string, unlike
all the other fields. I've found the field very useful in the past,
but perhaps there is some way to display things more intuitively?
Maybe make a more verbose version of status and hide the error on
default if the status is good?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com