[Bucardo-general] feature request

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Thu Feb 20 18:20:54 UTC 2014

On 2/19/14, 11:40 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:53:04PM -0800, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
>> It would be nice if there were a command to clear/reset the 'last
>> error' field.
>>
>>      bucardo clear lasterror
>>      bucardo reset lasterror
>>
>> Something like that. Since an error is always shown as the last line
>> of bucardo status syncname (if there has previously been an error),
>> it's the first thing my eye grabs, and I have to remind myself to
>> look further up to confirm that the actual current sync state is
>> 'good'.
> I agree it would be nice to not have it as the last item, but it
> was put there because it is often a long, multi-line string, unlike
> all the other fields. I've found the field very useful in the past,
> but perhaps there is some way to display things more intuitively?
> Maybe make a more verbose version of status and hide the error on
> default if the status is good?

I don't have a problem with it being the last item either - it's just
the persistence of the error line, even after the error has cleared.
I presume it's saved in a table in bucardo? My thinking was that it
would be relatively straightforward to zero out the field as a
simple bucardo command, once you've seen it and taken whatever action is
necessary...

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com