[Bucardo-general] Anyone monitoring bucardo?

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Mon Jul 14 18:31:30 UTC 2014

I'm currently monitoring bucardo using Monit - but only the most basic,
checking PID. I've found on a couple of occasions that bucardo will have
hit a wonky streak, and stopped running a sync, which the simple PID
checking is incapable of recognizing as an issue.

Is anyone else monitoring bucardo with Monit? Do you have a novel way of
checking to see if all is awesome in bucardo-land, and alerting if not?

Here's my dirt-simple monit config as an example --

check process bucardo with pidfile /var/run/bucardo/bucardo.mcp.pid
start program = "/etc/init.d/bucardo start"
stop program = "/etc/init.d/bucardo stop"
alert paul at anastrophe.com on { pid exec nonexist status } with reminder
on 5 cycle
if 3 restarts within 4 cycles then alert

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com