[Bucardo-general] Fwd: Installing Bucardo 5.0 in UBuntu 13.10

Selva manickaraja mavles78 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 03:32:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

Though the system reported error with "make test", I went ahead with "sudo
make install". Quite strangely it worked so went on to "bucardo install". I
updated the PIC directory to "/var/lib/bucardo" as it complaint the path
proposed by it initially was not available in my system. The installation
completed successfully I suppose as the database pointed to in the
"/etc/bucardorc" file was able to create the bucardo database and user. So
I made use of the instruction found in the blog at "
http://blog.endpoint.com/2014/06/bucardo-5-multimaster-postgres-released.html"
for creating the db and the sync. My architecture is a multi-cluster setup.
This is because we are running 9.0 with streaming replication and
log-shipping. So we want to proof to our management that pg is capable of
multi-master to load balance the huge transactions.

So in my localhost I have pg running on port

5432 - as bucardo database
5433 - as master1
5435 - as master2.

So we use the following commands to add db and sync.

adding db - "bucardo add db master1 dbname=np host=localhost port=5433
user=postgres pass=postgres,master2 dbname=np host=localhost port=5435
user=postgres pass=postgres"

adding sync - "bucardo add sync np_mm_repl
dbs=master1:source,master2:source tables=all"

The commands successfully created the dbs and syncs. So when I typed
bucardo status , the sync get displayed. The screen is attached with this
email. But when I psql to master1 and master2 to insert and delete records
to "tbl_1". But the data does not seem to be replicated between these 2
tables from these 2 databases. Looks like replication is not working though
bucardo seem to be running well. That's what I feel.

Can someone please help me out to shed some light on what is not right here?

Highly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Warmest Regards,

Selvam