[Bucardo-general] PostgreSQL/Bucardo Sequences

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Sun Nov 9 15:40:28 UTC 2014

Adeyinka wrote:
> Thanks Michelle for your very prompt response.
>
> I do have a fairly good understanding of the expected result. I have been able to implement this quite easily in MySQL using auto increment offset.
> You see, my role is mostly that of architecture design; but I often find myself in situations like this when I have to get my hands dirty.
>
> What I am actually in need of, are the commands/queries to accomplish this in PostgreSQL. The servers in question are already in production and are populated with data.

Well a good place to start would be:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-altersequence.html

eg:

server1> ALTER SEQUENCE myseq INCREMENT BY 3 START WITH 1;
server2> ALTER SEQUENCE myseq INCREMENT BY 3 START WITH 2;
server3> ALTER SEQUENCE myseq INCREMENT BY 3 START WITH 3;

Then *DO NOT* replicate myseq in bucardo.

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/