[Bucardo-general] Stalled sync status

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Nov 19 17:16:50 UTC 2014

On 11/11/14 17:23, Hans van der Riet wrote:
> Is restarting the only way to 'unstall' a sync? Is the best/only way to
> monitor if a sync is stalled doing a 'select status from sync'?

I hit something similar while pushing an upgrade to production with the
current bucardo on Pg 9.2 (this was an 8.4->9.2 upgrade) - previous
bucardo was from last October.

I found that I needed to remove and then re-add the sync to clear up the
'stalled' issues.  Unfortunately I was flailing at the time to get it
working, so I wasn't able to compare the bucardo table differences to
see what that really did.

At that, auto-kick still wasn't firing, so for now I've got a cron job
kicking every minute.  Ghetto, but it's working well enough to get
through Christmas shopping season.

$ cat /etc/cron.d/bucardo_kick
* * * * * root /usr/local/bin/bucardo kick all

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle