[Bucardo-general] Bucardo unable to authenticate password when running.

Hadri Rahman hadri90 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 08:42:34 UTC 2014

So, I was able to install Bucardo on computer, but when I tried to run it
by typing "bucardo start" or when I try to perform synchronization, I would
get this error message:

DBI connect('dbname=bucardo;host=localhost;port5432', 'bucardo',...)
failed: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo" at
/usr/local/bin/bucardo line 296

I've changed my password for user bucardo, and I'm sure that the .pgpass
file has been edited to reflect the changes and was given the sufficient
permissions, but I'm still getting this error message.