[Bucardo-general] Authentication problem when running bucardo

Hadri Rahman hadri90 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:54:33 UTC 2014

Whenever I try to synchronize (or even run it in general) I would get the
error message:

DBI connect('dbname=bucardo;host=localhost;port5432', 'bucardo',...)
failed: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
 FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo" at
/usr/local/bin/bucardo line 296

I've checked my installation, and confirmed that there is an entry for user
"Bucardo" and the password for user Bucardo in both the database and
.pgpass file matched, and I was able to install it successfully. But when I
tried to run or perform any synchronization, I would get the same error
message.

The contents of the pg_hba.conf file are as follows:

#Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
local     all        postgres         peer
local     all        bucardo          md5
#"local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local     all        all         peer
#IPv4
host     all        all     127.0.0.1/32         md5
#IPv6
host     all        all     ::1/128         md5
#Allow replication connections from localhost:
host     replication rep     192.168.0.111/32     md5