[Bucardo-general] "Multi-master" best choises and scenarios...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 20:55:43 UTC 2014

Hello guys

This is my first post and I wanna that you know that I am not an expert in
PostgreSQL or any other DB.

But, a client mine contact me and describe such situation.

This client want deploy the following scenario:

1 - A central PostgreSQL Server, that handle data to their application

2 - A lot of stores that using this remote database to sync data, but this
stores also has a local database, in order when off-line, the store can
continue work and when connection return back, sync to the central database
and for a second one, hosted on Amazon, for example...

3 - The database must handle PK conflict, in order to let all stores
register same PK's to different records, or perhaps, deploy something like,
Primary Key A01 for store A,  Primary Key B01, for store B.... So on....

I think that I can use bucardo to settle this....

Some suggestions???

Thanks a lot

Gilberto Ferreira