[Bucardo-general] Merging two datasets

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Jul 21 14:27:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:31:22AM +0200, Federico Fanton wrote:
> Now we need to merge those datasets back again and keep them in
> sync, so I'm setting up Bucardo to handle the job. My problem is
> that I need to replicate the changes that were made since the split
> too, is there a way to do that with Bucardo?

If I am understanding correctly, you have two non-overlapping tables
which need to be merged both ways. While you *could* use Bucardo to
do this, it would be far simpler to just COPY A->B and B->A:

pg_dump --host A --data-only --table foo | psql --host B
pg_dump --host B --data-only --table foo | psql --host A

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com