[Bucardo-general] Activate/deactivate weirdness

Chris Keane chris.keane at zoomius.com
Sat Mar 28 22:07:59 UTC 2015

We've been running the latest version of bucardo from HEAD for a while, and
I'm both happy and confused.

The version we're running 5.3.1 is great at detecting unavailable servers
and deactivating the sync. However, I can't figure out how to reactivate
them!

I've tried

bucardo deactivate syncname
bucardo activate syncname

then restarting bucardo

then doing a little magic dance

if syncname still not running, go back to step 1

Eventually the sync will reactivate but I'm completely stumped since some
combinations work sometimes and not other times. In fact I'm sitting here
looking at three syncs that I just can't get restarted! Well, after poking
them continually for the last several hours while I was writing this they
just restarted.

Any clues on the magic invocation I'm overlooking?

Chris.

--
*Chris Keane* * Track Intelligence Inc *  +1 (650) 703 5523 (cell)