[Bucardo-general] Star topology - master-master async replication with bucardo problem

Chregan O'Flynn chregano at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:47:03 UTC 2015

Hey everyone

I am trying to setup Burcardo in the following use case:
The solution is for music events wherein the internet connect is very
unreliable. Each event will have a mini server running a clone of the main
server API+DB and will need to sync the database whenever connected. There
could be 15-20 events running at any given time, so I would need to be able
to sync between all of them on a master-master basis but without needing
any servers (other than the main server) to be online. (so a star topology
basically)

After some trial and error, I managed to get a sync working between 4
servers - the main server (always online hosted on a Digital Ocean droplet)
and three “event” servers.
The problem was that if I made a change to an event server, the main server
would update, but none of the other event servers would update. Updating
the main server would update all event servers though.
I also tried to create a sync group to include all of the servers (not
ideal because I don’t know how many event servers I will have), but if one
went offline, the sync stopped completely.

I have also tried to set makedelta=on for all the DBs, but that doesnt seem
to help

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance

take care
Chregan