[Bucardo-general] Star topology - master-master async replication with bucardo problem

Chris Keane chris.keane at zoomius.com
Sat Sep 5 10:00:56 UTC 2015

Hi Chregan,

We use a very similar setup. In our case, we run an independent bucardo
process on each event server which is responsible for keeping just that
event server in sync with the main server. In each sync on each client the
tables on the main server have makedelta set, so when one client updates a
table on the main server, the update then triggers updates on all the other
clients (including disconnected ones which later catch up).

This works really well in theory and in practice works very well up to
about 4 simultaneous clients connected... well, it seems to be a processing
limit on the main server since each client that is concurrently connected
seems to take about 1 CPU for processing, so 4 clients maxes out our 4 CPU
AWS RDS instance. We tested that theory by temporarily increasing it to 32
CPUs, and it did seem to need about 1 CPU per connected client.

Chris.