[Bucardo-general] FATAL: password authentication when bucardo add tables

Bhavesh Odedra bodedra at ursainfosystems.com
Mon Aug 29 08:14:58 UTC 2016

Hello Respected Team,

I am willing to learn Bucardo.

I face some problem when add table into bucardo.

*What I have tried so far ?*
I have created master database with openerp postgres user.

    - Setup Source Database

        export SOURCE_HOST=localhost
        export SOURCE_PORT=5432
        export SOURCE_DATABASE=master
        export SOURCE_USERNAME=openerp
        export SOURCE_PASSWORD=openerp

    - Setup Destination Database

        export DEST_HOST=localhost
        export DEST_PORT=5432
        export DEST_DATABASE=slave
        export DEST_USERNAME=openerp
        export DEST_PASSWORD=openerp

    - Finally, the tables to be migrated

        export TABLES="-t res_partner"

        export TABLES_WITH_SPACES="res_partner"

    - Set up the Destination Database

        cat >> $HOME/.pgpass <<EOL
        $DEST_HOST:$DEST_PORT:$DEST_DATABASE:$DEST_USERNAME:$DEST_PASSWORD

$SOURCE_HOST:$SOURCE_PORT:$SOURCE_DATABASE:$SOURCE_USERNAME:$SOURCE_PASSWORD
        EOL

    - Create schema.sql

    - Create Slave database

    - Load schema into Slave

    - Setting up Bucardo Sync (Source Database and  Destination Database)

    - Now I am trying to add the tables we want to migrate and add them to
a "copying herd"

        ./bucardo add tables res_partner db=master

I got following error:

openerp at odedra-Lenovo-Z50-70:/usr/local/src/bucardo$ ./bucardo add tables
res_partner db=master
DBI connect('dbname=master;host=localhost;port=5432','openerp',...) failed:
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "openerp"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "openerp" at ./bucardo line
8632.

I have analytic script bucardo. I have confusion with dbuser and dbpass
variable declared at line number 84, 85.

    (I have tried with dbuser = 'openerp' and dbpass='openerp' but result
same)

May you guide me what should I change to fix above error?

Looking forward

-
With regards,

Bhavesh Odedra

[image: Ursa Information Systems] *Bhavesh Odedra - Odoo Software Developer*

Ursa Information Systems
1706 Plum Lane, Suite 127
Redlands, California, 92374

*Office:     1-855-URSA ERP              1-855-877 2377*