[Bucardo-general] RDS as a Master with Bucardo

Saiful Muhajir saifulmuhajir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:25:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

Has anyone tried using RDS as a master using Bucardo? I read this
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/rds-postgres-read-replicas/ on Data Export
part and it seems that using RDS as a master with Bucardo is possible.

I tried it myself and found no error while setting up. But, kicking the
sync is not working with error below:

KID (bcrdsync) Kid has died, error is: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
relation "bucardo.bucardo_truncate_trigger" does not exist LINE 1:
...ident(tname), MAX(EXTRACT(epoch FROM cdate)) FROM
bucardo.bu...
^ at /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2/Bucardo.pm line 3299. Line: 5041 Main DB
state: ? Error: none DB bcrdrds2 state: ? Error: none DB bcrdrds3 state:
42P01 Error: 7
KID (bcrdsync) Kid 31286 exiting at cleanup_kid. Sync "bcrdsync" Reason:
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation
"bucardo.bucardo_truncate_trigger" does not exist LINE 1: ...ident(tname),
MAX(EXTRACT(epoch FROM cdate)) FROM
bucardo.bu...
^ at /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2/Bucardo.pm line 3299. Line: 5041 Main DB
state: ? Error: none DB bcrdrds2 state: ? Error: none DB bcrdrds3 state:
42P01 Error: 7

I checked the database and there is no bucardo schema nor bucardo database
created. And of course no triggers created on the tables.

FYI, The user I am using has replication role.
bucardouser  | Create role, Create DB, Replication | {rds_superuser} |

Am I missing something?

Thank you

--
Regards,