[Bucardo-general] Master-Slave Setup?

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Tue Oct 4 15:39:43 UTC 2016

> On Oct 4, 2016, at 10:20 AM, Periko Support <pheriko.support at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I already did psql replica master-slave, works but our pentaho
> implementation with in OPENERP don't allow us to run openerp+pentaho
> in the slave.
>
> This setup require read/write to the database and the slave is
> read-only which our reports fail.
>
> This is why we need something that allow us to have a copy of our psql
> read/write mode and some one told us about bucardo.
>
> This can help to fix our issue right?
>
> Thanks for your help and time.

Yup, if you need a writeable database cluster you need to use a logical replication system like Bucardo.

The main difference between the master-master examples and normal master-slave would be that when defining the sync instead of having `bucardo add sync foo dbs=source:dbA,source:dbB,source:dbC` you just need to provide the list of the individual databases.  Bucardo assumes (unless otherwise told) that the databases are given in the order of source, target, target, […].

So you’d be looking at `bucardo add sync foo dbs=dbA,dbB,dbC` to setup a sync from dbA to dbB and dbC.

HTH,

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com