[Bucardo-general] Replication of tables without primary keys

Joseph W jbw at hilltopgroup.com
Tue Sep 13 02:07:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm attempting to get a redundant Davical installation online (I have a
standalone installation my company has been using for several years) and
after a lot of searching, Bucardo looked like the best of the
master-master postgres replication solutions I could find.

Davical, unfortunately, has several tables with no primary key or unique
ID; I of course find this out after I've gotten all the way to creating
the Bucardo sync between the two devices.

The first table it got to without a primary key threw the following message:

Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Table
"public.addressbook_address_adr" must specify a primary key! at line
117. at line 30.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/local/bin/bucardo
line 4612

Is there anything I've missed so far as making Bucardo replicate those
tables, or do I have to look for another solution (and if that's the
case, does anyone have a suggestion so far as tools go)?

Regards,

Joseph