[Bucardo-general] Replicating between differently-named schemas

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 9 21:03:36 UTC 2017

> I have two databases, local and remote.  I'm replicating between
> local.public and remote.foo. A text file, tables.txt, contains the
> names of all the tables and sequences.

Are you looking to do a master-master sync between the two, or do you
want two syncs?

> I've tried various things, mostly at random.  It's not clear from the
> docs which database the db parameter of "add customname" refers to,
> for example.  But so far no luck getting this to work.

You will need to map all the tables to their new target schemas
via the customame table. Here's an example:

bucardo add customname public.mytable foo.mytable sync=s1
bucardo add customname foo.mytable public.mytable sync=s2

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8